Cast Iron Combo
Cast Iron Combo includes:
- 1/2 lb 77 Electrode
- 1/2 lb 72 Electrode
77 is a premium electrode that produces welds which are high strength, crack resistant, and porosity free when applied to a wide variety of cast irons. The special tri-metal core wire has a high current carrying capacity and the specially designed coating converts the impurities of the base metal into slag instead of being trapped in the deposit. The high deposition rate creates an extremely narrow heat affected zone– a feature suitable for all weldable cast irons requiring post weld machining.
77 cast iron welding rods are softer than nickel rods, and have unique properties that allow the cast iron welds to stretch and elongate up to 300 percent more than other rods, which helps prevent the base metal and weld from cracking in the process.
- High efficiency weld metal transfer eliminates electrode overheating
- Crack-resistant formula eliminates the need for pre-heating or special cooling
- Ideal for heavy machinery, trucking, bus lines, automotive, marine, and RVs
- Repair cast iron exhaust manifolds, engine blocks, industrial machines and more
72 is a nickel-iron non-conductive electrode formulated to join dirty and contaminated cast irons. This universal electrode can be used to weld a wide variety of malleable, ductile, and nodular cast irons. In addition, it is ideally suited for the repair of defective or cracked malleable iron castings.
There are occasions in industry where exceedingly dirty cast iron is encountered. 77, which bonds well to most cast iron does have a limitation. Since 77 has controlled penetration, which is ideal for non-cracking and machinability, it may not be able to bond exceptionally dirty cast iron. 72 should be used for this application. It has a high penetration, can anchor deep into the subsurface of dirty cast iron, and seals in porosity generating contaminates prior to finish welding with 77. 72 is used for a cladding operation, then the weld is completed with 77.
- Flux coating does not side arc even after being heated
- Extremely strong arc drive penetrates surface contaminates
- Special slag composition can be welded over without creating porosity
- Extra nickel content insures crack resistance machinable weld
CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65: WARNING: This product contains chemicals including [Nickel], which are known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
You may also like…
77 Electrode: Non-Cracking Cast Iron Welding Rod$65.00 – $650.00
|⇄︎ Bonding Strength||55000 psi, 379.21 MPa|
|🔧︎ Sizes Available (in)||5/32in, 1/8in, 3/32in|
|🔧︎ Sizes Available (mm)||3.96mm, 3.17mm, 2.38mm|