72 Burnt Cast Iron Welding Rod
$55.00 – $550.00
72 burnt cast iron welding rod is a nickel free electrode which penetrates deep to seal in porosity generating contaminants prior to finish the weld with 77 cast iron electrode.
Cast iron is frequently used in industrial applications due to its low melting point, ability to withstand high temperatures, and durability. However, cast iron also tends to be brittle and can be exceedingly dirty, burnt, or heat affected–especially in maintenance industry welding applications. While 77 electrode has controlled penetration, which is ideal for non-cracking and machinability, it may not be able to bond to burnt or heat affected cast iron parts–72 should be used for these applications. With its high penetration, 72 can anchor deep into the subsurface of dirty cast iron, sealing in contaminates prior to finish welding with 77. 72 is used for a cladding operation, then the weld is completed with 77.
- Easily clads heat oxidized and oil impregnated castings
- Penetrates deep into burnt cast iron, anchoring the weld
- Highly crack resistant
- Welds steel to cast iron
- Effective even on malleable cast iron
- Tensile strength stronger than the parent metal (62,000 psi)</>
- Perfect color match to cast iron
- Can be used vertical up, horizontal, vertical down, overhead or flat
- Non-conductive flux-coating
- Does not require pre-heating or special cooling
- Can be applied at low current density with a simple buzzbox
- Recommended for applications such as boiler grates, exhaust manifolds, furnace grates, and compressor parts
- Ideal for repairing cast iron wood stove parts such as broken ears or cracks
Note: DC Reverse (+), AC For best results clean and bevel the cast iron before welding. Remove all surface oil and grease along with rust, paint, etc. A bright shiny surface by grinding or sanding disk is optimal for the best penetration. Use stringer or moderate weave technique. When cladding, cover the entire base surface prior to finish welding. Not recommended for cast iron cookware.
WE DO NOT SELL PRODUCTS THROUGH OTHER WEBSITES.
IF YOU FIND DISCOUNT KITS ONLINE, YOU’RE LIKELY BUYING COUNTERFEIT PRODUCTS AT YOUR OWN RISK
You may also like…
77 Non-Cracking Cast Iron Welding Rod$65.00 – $650.00
|⇄︎ Bonding Strength||55000 psi, 379.21 MPa|
|🔧︎ Sizes Available (in)||5/32in, 1/8in, 3/32in|
|🔧︎ Sizes Available (mm)||3.96mm, 3.17mm, 2.38mm|