77 Non-Cracking Cast Iron Welding Rod
$55.00 – $650.00
77 is a premium cast iron welding rod that produces machinable welds which are high strength, crack resistant, and porosity free when applied to a wide variety of cast irons. The special tri-metal core wire has a high current carrying capacity and the specially designed coating converts the impurities of the base metal into slag instead of being trapped in the deposit. The high deposition rate creates an extremely narrow heat affected zone– a feature suitable for all weldable cast irons requiring post weld machining.
77 cast iron welding electrodes are softer than nickel rods and have unique properties that allow the cast iron welds to stretch and elongate up to 300 percent more than other rods. This helps prevent the base metal and weld from cracking in the process.
Cast Iron Welding Rod Key Features:
- Developed specifically for maintenance applications
- Welds all types of cast iron, thick or thin
- Good color match to cast iron
- Crack-resistant formula eliminates the need for pre-heating or special cooling
- Works in all positions, including overhead
- Coating is electrically conductive, eliminating core-wire overheating
- High deposition rate, fluidity, and even heat conduction create fully machinable welds
- Special formulation compensates for shrinkage as the base metal cools, eliminating the contraction that can cause cracking
- Ideal for heavy machinery, trucking, bus lines, automotive, marine, and RVs
- Repair cast iron exhaust manifolds, engine blocks, transmission housings, cylinder heads, industrial machines and more
Note: Drill holes at each end of the crack, then align the parts if necessary and tack weld. Guide the electrode at a steep angle, keeping the arc length short. Use short staggered passes.
For burnt or heat-affected cast iron, use https://www.muggyweld.com/product/72-electrode/
CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65: WARNING: This product contains chemicals including [Nickel], which are known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information go to https://www.p65warnings.ca.gov/
You may also like…
72 Burnt Cast Iron Welding Rod$55.00 – $550.00
|⇄︎ Bonding Strength||50000 psi, 360 MPa|
|🔧︎ Sizes Available (in)||5/32in, 1/8in, 3/32in|
|🔧︎ Sizes Available (mm)||3.96mm, 3.17mm, 2.38mm|