Super Alloy 1 Multi-Metal and Pot Metal Solder
$59.00 – $99.00
Super Alloy 1 is a low-temperature multi-metal and pot metal solder that bonds all white metals and can also join white metals to practically any other metal–even ferrous to non-ferrous metals, like steel to aluminum.
Super Alloy 1 bonds metals at half the melting point of pot metal; its honey flux turns root beer brown when the base metal has reached the 350°F working temperature, enabling quick and easy soldering repairs with little or no preheating. This all position rod is ideal for repairing pot metal pitting and can be applied with any heat source including a soldering gun, heat gun, or propane torch with no welding expertise.
The industry standard for classic car restoration and antique auto applications, Super Alloy 1 has salvaged thousands of priceless classic car parts!
- Solders: pot metal, aluminum, galvanized metal, copper, brass, bronze, steel, zinc die cast, pewter, zinc plated steel, lead, zamak, monkey metal
- Bonds dissimilar metals: brass to aluminum, copper to stainless etc
- Low working temperature – 350°F – prevents warpage and base metal damage; favored in applications requiring low heat
- High wettability
- Works with: propane, MAPP gas, oxyacetylene, butane, heat gun, larger soldering irons, ovens
- Flux turns root-beer brown when the parent metal reaches 350°F, acting as an absolute temperature guide
- Can be plated, painted, powder coated, polished, shaped, build-up missing pieces
- Completely non-corrosive; washes off with warm water
- 20,000 psi bonding strength
Note: Super Alloy 1 cannot be used to repair aluminum boats, cast aluminum, large aluminum masses, or diamond plate aluminum. Super Alloy 5 and an oxyacetylene torch are required for these applications. For castings thicker than 1/8″ we recommend beveling the base metal with a grinder prior to soldering.
Contains cadmium. Super Alloy 1 cannot be imported to countries in the EU due to import regulations.
You may also like…
Heat Freeze Heat Absorption Paste$59.00 – $99.00
Super Alloy 5 Aluminum Welding and Brazing Rod$59.00 – $99.00
|🌡 Melting Temperature||600°F / 317°C|
|⇄︎ Bonding Strength||30000 psi, 206.84 MPa|
|🔧︎ Sizes Available (in)||3/32in, 1/16in|
|🔧︎ Sizes Available (mm)||2.38mm, 1.58mm|
72 Burnt Cast Iron Welding Rod$55.00 – $550.00
|⇄︎ Bonding Strength||50000 psi, 360 MPa|
|🔧︎ Sizes Available (in)||5/32in, 1/8in, 3/32in|
|🔧︎ Sizes Available (mm)||3.96mm, 3.17mm, 2.38mm|
75 Nickel Iron Welding Rod for Malleable, Ductile, and Nodular Cast Irons$65.00 – $650.00
|⇄︎ Bonding Strength||49000 psi, 350 MPa|
|🔧︎ Sizes Available (in)||3/32in, 1/8in, 5/32in|
|🔧︎ Sizes Available (mm)||2.38mm, 3.17mm, 3.96mm|