Super Alloy 1 Multi-Metal and Pot Metal Solder
$49.00 – $99.00
Super Alloy 1 is a multi-metal solder that joins all white metals. It can also join white metals to practically any other metal, even ferrous to non-ferrous metals, like steel to aluminum.
Super Alloy 1 bonds at half the melting point of pot metal. Its honey flux turns root beer brown to indicate when the base metal has reached the proper bonding temperature, enabling quick and easy repairs. It’s ideal for repairing pot metal pitting, and can be applied with any heat source, including a soldering gun, heat gun, or propane torch with no welding expertise. The industry standard for classic car restoration and antique auto applications, Super Alloy 1 has salvaged thousands of priceless classic car parts!
- Solders: pot metal, aluminum, galvanized metal, copper, brass, bronze, steel, zinc die cast, pewter, zinc plated steel, lead
- Low working temperature – 350°F – prevents warpage and base metal damage; favored in applications requiring low heat
- Works with: propane, MAPP gas, oxyacetylene, butane, heat gun, larger soldering irons, ovens
- Can be plated, painted, powder coated, polished, shaped, built-up, missing pieces
- Completely non-corrosive; washes off with warm water
Note: Super Alloy 1 cannot be used to repair aluminum boats, cast aluminum, large aluminum masses, or diamond plate aluminum. Super Alloy 5 and an oxyacetylene torch are required for these applications.
Contains cadmium. Super Alloy 1 cannot be shipped to the EU due to EU regulations. EU orders for Super Alloy 1 will be voided.