Super Alloy 5 Aluminum Welding and Brazing Rod
$59.00 – $99.00
Super Alloy 5 is an aluminum welding rod that brazes all types of aluminum with any torch: oxyacetylene, MAPP gas, natural gas, oxy-MAP, or propane. The resulting bond is stronger than the parent metal (30,000 psi) and can be bent, drilled, anodized, machined, plated, tapped or threaded. This unique alloy is a perfect color match to aluminum and can be applied without base metal sagging, warping, or wrinkling due to its low working temperature.
Super Alloy 5 flows through tight-fitting joints, bridges gaps, builds up missing sections, and welds beveled parts using a brazing technique and hand held torch–producing corrosion resistant finished welds that are smooth and require little or no finishing.
Super Alloy 5 can also be used to TIG weld all types of aluminum and is especially effective with cast aluminum applications. Cast aluminum is a porous metal and can be difficult to weld without the proper tools. Super Alloy 5’s powder flux chemically cleans cast aluminum, removes oil and impurities, and enables the welder to TIG weld aluminum without porosity or pinholes.
- Flows like silver solder on thin aluminum
- Bonds at 600°F–half the melting point of aluminum
- Works in any position, including vertical or overhead
- Works with: propane, MAPP gas, oxyacetylene
- Strong, corrosion resistant, and easy to use
- Rod and flux work synergistically to bond through oxidation, residual paint, oil, grease etc
- Flux turns liquid when the base metal reaches 600°F, acting as an absolute temperature guide
- Flux reduces surface tension to increase the weld’s holding power
- Makes an excellent TIG rod
- Ideal for repairing aluminum boats: seams, rivets, dents, propellers, and more
Note: An oxyacetylene torch is required for aluminum boat repair, cast aluminum, large or thick aluminum masses, or diamond plate aluminum. Due to the technical expertise required, we do not recommend Super Alloy 5 for repairing aluminum wheels.
You may also like…
Super Alloy 1 Multi-Metal and Pot Metal Solder$49.00 – $99.00
|🌡 Melting Temperature||350°F / 177°C|
|⇄︎ Bonding Strength||20000 psi, 137.89 MPa|
|🔧︎ Sizes Available (in)||3/32in, 1/8in|
|🔧︎ Sizes Available (mm)||2.38mm, 3.17mm|